Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Start of Dinner

Yet another food blog. Why? Why the hell not? But, actually, I have my reasons. It goes without saying that I am obsessed with food. Peter likes to say that if he wants to get me to do anything, all he has to do is link it to food and then I am willing. A normal conversation might go like this:
Peter, "Honey, let's go check out this windy, rainy, grey, cold beach where I think there could be good kitesurfing."
Me, "No."
Peter, " I hear they have some really great oysters there..."
Me: OK...Sounds good.
You get the idea. I think about food, dream about food, read about food, cook food, travel for food...though sadly, due to the fact that we are currently trying to get our weight back to pre-children, pre-money, pre-car levels, I don't eat food as much as I like. But that's another topic. So anyway, we had this idea that we should write a cookbook...sort of a travel, eating, living memoir. We figured that even if we didn't get it published, we could give it to friends for Christmas. But, as these things go...nothing much has happened with that idea. So, really, this blog is my attempt to get the cookbook going. I figure if we write for the blog, we can eventually reshape the material into the cookbook....or not. Anyway it could be fun. Here goes....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea because I love food and I know you love food and I trust your love of food. This sort of free-form stream of consciousness discussion of food could create some good food cooking or consuming ideas.

-Winston

elisha said...

Great! I hope you'll post your receipes to keep our interest! Especially desserts (which I need to work on). Yum!

Anonymous said...

"I don't eat food as much as I like" tends to be semantically equivalent to "I obsess about food more than I like"

which bodes very well for this blog.

Perhaps in addition to recipes we can have restaurant reviews. I know a great mexican tapas place in oakland that I could recommend.... but not yet; i want to go a few more times before it gets even more crowded.
(you know, publicity from a high profile blog like this could land me out of a seat)

Anonymous said...

You missed your calling as a chef! Jen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Lan-Ling's culinary priorities haven't changed since high school! ;) I remember being introduced to many delicious meals in my formative years by the Wolffs.

Anonymous said...

here's an interesting site if you decide to publish your cookbook:

http://www.blurb.com/cookbook.php

LL Fredell said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. Yes on desserts, yes on restaurant reviews...as time allows....

Anonymous said...

Eνеry wеekend i useԁ to
pay a quісk visit this web site, for the reaѕon that i want еnjоyment, as thіs this ωeb page
conations genuinely pleasаnt funny data too.

Have a look at my web-site - Car Insurance quotes